Friday 6 September 2013

First Impression - Nivea Express Hydration Primer

So I was in the boyfriend's house watching TV when I an advertisment came on about the new Nivea Primer - I was instantly intrigued as I love finding new primer that will make my make-up last as long as I need it to. 
I bout it from Savers when it was on sale for an amazing £3.49 for 50ml - which I thought was a total bargain! They have two types, one for normal and combination skin and one for dry and sensitive skin - I got the normal and combination one.
Initially when I read the package, I immediately had good expectations as it stated "moisturises and provides a smooth base for effective make-up application with effective hydrators" Some more information about the product;

NIVEA PHILOSOPHY 
 Nivea uses ingredients inspired by nature to create high performance products that work in perfect harmony with your skin - to help you look and feel your most beautiful 

NIVEA Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer enriched with Vitamins & natural Lotus Extract;
  • Provides an even and smooth base for effective make-up application and helps your make-up stay put
  • Absorbs instantly thanks to it's light texture
  • Uses an effective hydrator for long lasting moisturisation and a soft skin feeling 
I also really like the packaging - it's simple and clean which I really like :)



Time for the Results! :)

My initial thought when I first applied it was that it was very light weight, which I liked because it didn't feel heavy or thick on my skin, and it also absorbed really well into my skin and didn't leave any kind of greasy residue.
After 2.5 hours - I first applied this with my make-up at 11.30am as I was getting ready to head into town, by the time 1.30pm came, I decided to have a wee check in the toilets to see how my make-up was doing. I was really impressed - not one bit had budged or worn off! I was really impressed because it was pretty warm and walking around the shops etc I was getting a tad sweaty, gross I know but it happens, and none of my make-up had smeared off!
After 4.5 hours - When I was leaving town, I decided again to run to the loo and check my make-up, I did notice a bit of my make-up had came off around my nose, granted I had been rubbing it etc. so that was pretty acceptable, but overall my make-up was still looking good!
After a total of 7 hours - Once I got home and changed into comfy clothes etc. I had another look at my make-up and overall, I am super impressed! Only the make-up around had came off during the whole day and that was mostly because I was rubbing it! 

Overall, I really love this product. Not only did it keep my skin hydrated without looking shiny or oily and it also made my make-up last! And for the price it was an absolute bargain. I would highly recommend this product, and because it has two different types, it's suitable for everyone! :)

4 comments: