Monday 12 August 2013

Got Spots?

The past week or so my skin has went nuts! I'm constantly breaking out in spots due to a change in my contraceptive pill. 
I have never been one to break out or have bad (spotty) skin - if I do break out it would've been once in a blue moon and I'd never have more than two spots at a time so when I started to break out, and I'm not exaggerating, I have them on my face, neck and back, I decided to try and look for a product that would help. Initially I was going to go for the Witch blemish stick but I changed my mind when I seen this product - It is one of Superdrug's own products and is the Tea Tree Spot Stick

The main reason this caught my attention was because it was Tea Tree. Tea Tree oil is made from the leaves of the Melaleuca Alternifolia which is a native plant in Australia. 
Tea Tree oil has strong antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties. When it's applied to the skin it has the ability to kill the bacteria which develops in spots/acne.  
Benzoyl Peroxide is the main ingredient found in the majority of acne treatments because it helps to reduce inflammation and get rid of the dead skin cells. It does however leave behind nasty side effects such as peeling, itching and burning - so Tea Tree oil is a great alternative!

The spot stick has a sponge applicator tip and comes in a decently sized bottle - the colour is green but and I know that when I first seen it I was little wary but when it's applied to the skin it doesn't come off green




 Another bonus is that it's wallet friendly! I bought this from Superdrug for £2.99 which I thought was a bargain! 
I have been using this for a few days now and I can already notice the difference! My spots have already decreased in size and the redness has also reduced. I would highly recommend this product :)

4 comments:

  1. This sounds great, I have been plagued with spots recently! Thanks for the tip!

    Lorraine xx
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this product, is it sold in the U.S.? Sounds like a good product! I also nominated you for a liebster award! Check my blog out for details!

    http://plovesfashion.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a 100% sure whether it would be sold in the U.S. because I got in a UK drugstore but If you look in your local drugstore I'm sure you'd be able to find something similar :)and will do, thanks! :)
      x

      Delete